Meditation as Magic
Guided Meditation workshop
Saturday, January 28th / 11-12:30pm
First Baptist Church, Brockport
This guided meditation workshop is designed to help make meditation easier for you, as well as to bring a quality of devotion, to your meditation practice.
My intention is to help you find clarity and establish healthy habits around meditation, as well as the meditations(s) that are effective for you. The hardest part is simply showing up, and sitting.
If you're reading this, you know that meditation is helpful, but just can't seem to get into it.
If you sign up, you've done the hard part!
I'll show you the easiest ways, tools, and techniques for meditation that I have learned over the last 10 years. The biggest includes giving you the meditations, so you can simply sit and press play! The library you will receive will include 15 meditations, each less than 15 minutes.
**This class will be recorded, for those who are unable to attend in person. You will receive the recording the next day**
Here's what we'll be doing:
- yoga -- moving your body prepares you for sitting
- try different positions to find the most comfortable for you
- quick techniques woven throughout class
- learn a couple of meditations
- create an altar to make it more meaningful
Here's what you get:
- 15 min video for meditation prep
- 4 tools for centering
- 15 meditations
- gift bookmark
- postcard to future self
For attending, you will also:
- feel inspired to (re)commit to your personal practice
- gain clarity around practices that work for you
- be motivated to bring meaning and ritual into your practice
- be better equipped to handle distractions
- feel motivated to establish healthier habits
This meditation course is for:
- individuals new to meditation
- anyone looking to add variety to their meditation practice
- practitioners seeking more depth in their home practice
- anyone interested in increasing self-awareness
- those wanting to diminish self-criticism
Why meditation works?
The silence and stillness from meditation, spark insight and awareness, leading you to make different choices and (re)actions, that better align with how you want to express yourself and who you want to be.